Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

IREX pass and a warning about tags

• Toddyfooty
  • Topic Author

Toddyfooty created the topic: IREX pass and a warning about tags

Hi Bob and co.,

I passed IREX first go today after home studying your book and doing your online exams. I got 95% so safe to say i'm pretty stoked.

Something that left a bitter taste though was the way the invigilator hounded me about my AIP tags. She was certain that the way I had tagged was against the rules and made me remove multiple tags. Her issue was with references where the exact bold heading on the page didn't match up to what I had written. For example I had "Sector entries" for page ENR 1.5 - 27 but she wanted it removed because the title actually says "Entry from sector...". How on earth is that gaining an unfair advantage/cheating?! Another example was "Cross wind" for the ERSA conversion chart rather than "Wind component".. it had to be removed!
She also had an issue if I had put more than one topic per tag. The rule states "Page tags must not carry more than just the topic headings of the page or section" so I assumed that a tag could relate to more than one topic provided it was within the same section. Have you heard of this happening to anyone else? It really rattled me right before starting the exam and obviously made things more difficult to find after being so used to my tags.

Anyway, I got through so that's the main thing.

Thanks again for your help through the forum and all your books in general.

Cheers,

Todd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: IREX pass and a warning about tags

Congratulations Todd and thanks for the feedback, I guess it's always going to up to individual interpretation of the rules, 95% you have to be happy with that

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds