Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Question regarding minimum decent at night

• sammason1
  • Topic Author

sammason1 created the topic: Question regarding minimum decent at night

Hi Bob

I have been going through some question outside of your book and have came across this question " You are conducting the NDB approach at KOWANYAMA, QLD by night. At completion of the reversal procedure you have sighted the airfield. When is the earliest point at which you may discontinue the procedure and track to join the circuit for a landing on RWY 30"
a. within 3nm, clear of cloud and 5km vis
b. within 3nm, clear of cloud and 4km vis
c. within the circling area, clear of cloud and 5km vis
d. within the circling area, clear of cloud and 2.4km vis

Now from my knowledge i would say the answer is C but apparently the answer is B which I can find anywhere in the regs that states that distance. Just wondering if I'm reading the question or this question is old.

Cheers Sam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Question regarding minimum decent at night

That's a very old exam you've been trying. The 3nm circling area went out decades ago and so did the 4km visibility for night. I would pick (d). Within the circling area with the published circling visibility.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds