Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Help with question

• ethanoost
  • Topic Author

ethanoost created the topic: Help with question

Hi. I came across this question in your irex exam online course. I honestly can’t figure out why I got this one wrong.... the TAF includes absolutely no weather below the minimums. I include a picture I took of the question.
Regards
Ethan
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Toddyfooty

Toddyfooty replied the topic: Help with question

My guess would be: The top line of the TAF still applies at 0410 because forecast improvements in weather do not remove operational requirements until 30 mins after forecast improvement (ENR 11.8.2.7 b). So then, SCT plus FEW in the first line of the TAF = BKN below the ALT MIN (ENR 11.8.2.1 a). You arrive at 0410 which is 20 mins before the operational requirement is removed so you can carry 20 mins holding fuel (ENR 11.8.2.8).

Hope that helps

• ethanoost
  • Topic Author

ethanoost replied the topic: Help with question

I figured it out. I have to add the few and sct clouds up making it bkn. That will fall below minimums.
Thanks everyone

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds