Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

MDA

• Muffett
  • Topic Author

Muffett created the topic: MDA

Hi Bob,

I have completed pre-exam prep 3 question 12 says

You plan to depart Tindal on runway 14 for an IFR flight to Kununurra. You are flying VH-OZY and you plan to return to Tindal in the event of an engine failure in IMC after take-off.

Assuming you are current on all instrument approaches for Tindal except the ILS, the lowest meteorological minima that can be used for this take-off are.

412 ft AGL cloud base and visibility of 2.9 km
300 ft AGL cloud base and visibility of 2 km Incorrect
960 ft AGL cloud base and visibility of 3 km
1260 ft AGL cloud base and visibility of 2.4 km

My answer was B which was wrong correct answer is A

Tindal RNAV 14 S-I GNSS 940 ( 512-2.9)
As per AIP 1.5 4.4.4 I need met conditions at or better than approach landing minima to return in the event of an engine failure.

With ATIS available can I take 100ft off the cloud ceiling? for the S-I approach or not?

Looking forward to your reply

Many thanks
Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: MDA

You could use the S-I GNSS minima for Runway 14 since it is less than the VOR minima, the 146 GNSS units may be used for the approach and you are current on all approaches except the ILS. You can take 100ft off the MDA because you will have access to a current QNH so your take-off minima would therefore be a ceiling of 412ft and visibility of 2.9km.

• Thank you received: 0

French replied the topic: MDA

Hi Stuart. Could you check the current DAPs. I couldn't find a S-I GNSS. It looks like the RNP RWY 14 min, of 760, is now the least height.

Thanks
Matthew

• Thank you received: 237

Stuart Tait replied the topic: MDA

Thanks Matthew

I have amended the question to reflect the change in the DAPS. RNP RWY 14 is the correct alternative.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds