Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

TSO C129 GNSS for IFR use

• niko
  • Topic Author

niko created the topic: TSO C129 GNSS for IFR use

Hey Bob

Thank you for writing the book. It has been a real help. My copy is a slightly older version, I bought it mid-2016. Whilst reading the chapters it goes into detail about the C129 units, FD, FDE etc... However I'm now up to page 109 and it says that after 4th of Feb 2017 ADS-B is a requirement for all IFR operations, therefore C129 GNSS units (which can not support ADSB) will no longer be suitable for IFR flight

I've tried searching for this requirement using google but didn't find any results - so my question is two fold
1st. Are all 129 units dinosaurs which are now banned from IFR flight?
2nd. If your aircraft has two GNSS units and one is say a 146 unit and the other is a 129, does this mean you effectively only have one GNSS unit?

Many Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: TSO C129 GNSS for IFR use

Gidday Niko
I refer you to AIP GEN 1.5 para 2.1 you can have a 129 as long as you have a VOR and ADF for the foreseeable future, and that should answer both of your questions

Cheers
Stuart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds