Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

IREX 3/2017

• dirk@lessner.name
  • Topic Author

dirk@lessner.name created the topic: IREX 3/2017

Hi Guys

I guess I am the first one from the IREX 3/2017 course who sat the exam ;-)
I passed it yesterday with 85% - yeeeeaaah!!!

Thanks Bob, your course was a great help with preparing for the exam.

Although this is very subjective, I found the exam to be very challenging. I was quite surprised as I had an initial glance at the questions. They were very different to what we went through in the exam preps. E.g. there was only one question where I could apply the HAT-Trick. There were only three questions where I had to lockup the track for a route on the ERC, no TAC required. Most questions were about rules and regs from the AIP. I had the feeling that many questions were intentionally designed to trick you, testing your ability to read all the details rather than testing your knowledge. Many questions were very long with most of the text irrelevant for the answer, making it difficult to filter out the important parts.

I used up almost all of the time and submitted only five minutes before time-out. I marked all the questions where I wasn't sure about the answer (and there were many) and I used the last 30 minutes to go through them and reworked my answers. That was probably not a good idea as I changed at least two answers from correct to wrong, according to my KDR. So, if I hadn't changed the answers, my result would have been slightly better. On the other side, I wasn't sure if I would pass at all until I submitted because of all the uncertainties with these weird questions. Anyway, its done and dusted and I look forward to do some IFR training flights soon.

I wish you all good luck with your exams and maybe one day our paths will cross again - aviation is such a small world...

Kind regards
Dirk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: IREX 3/2017

Congratulations Dirk. That's a sound pass mark. I enjoyed your company - have fun with your flying now!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds