Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Holding Fuel at Alternate

• benbouch@gmail.com
  • Topic Author

benbouch@gmail.com created the topic: Holding Fuel at Alternate

I'm trying to find a reference that will clarify as the CAAP 234-1 doesn't cover and I the AIP only covers INTER and TEMP at destination.
What if the Alternate has and INTER or TEMPO period? Do we add additional holding fuel? I'm stuck doing operations with very few Alternates available:/...

Bouch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Holding Fuel at Alternate

There is no reason to believe that an alternate is any different to any other destination. If you are going to proceed to an alternate then you must carry any holding requirement that applies to that aerodrome. AIP ENR 1.1 para 11.8.1.2 says the alternate you choose must be a suitable destination for the flight and must not itself require an alternate. So if holding is required at the alternate you must carry the holding required by INTER or TEMPO. If you don't, then the alternate would itself require an alternate and that's not allowed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds