Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Q7, review set 4 E-Text

• Aaron B
  • Topic Author

Aaron B created the topic: Q7, review set 4 E-Text

G'day all,

I'm slightly confused by Q7 in review set 4 of the E-Textbook. If you intend to use the 3 degree approach path, the point at which you may commence the descent from 4000ft is:

Now as far as I see, if you intend to use the 3 degree approach path as specified in the question and the chart, and well as following what the chart is indicating (which is a decent at 7.9nm DME from 4000ft) why would you decend below 4000ft at BLZSA? I know it's not illegal because your MDA for that segment is 2800ft. Now the AIP says that for a straight approach the aircraft must be past the waypoint and be established on the specified track to not below the specified altitude, now I assume this specified altitude would be 4000ft given that's the IAF altitude at BLZSA.

Can anyone give me a helping hand I to understanding it?

Cheers,
Aaron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Q7, review set 4 E-Text

The commencement of the 3° approach path is 2.9nm before BLZSF. Since BLZSF is 5nm from the threshold, that makes the commencement of the 3° approach path 7.9nm from the threshold. That makes the answer (d).
Attachments:

• Aaron B
  • Topic Author

Aaron B replied the topic: Q7, review set 4 E-Text

Thank you Bob, I was quite sure I wasn't going loopy haha!

Cheers,
Aaron

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds