Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Queries re IREX practice exams

• Thank you received: 3

HPOUND created the topic: Queries re IREX practice exams

Hello all

Query 1Per GEN3.3 4.8b, I believe the splay should be 15degrees, not 10.3deg.

Query 2In determining the take-off minima, we not only need to meet the departure minima, but also the IMC arrival minimal. Why would the answer not be 472 and 3.2km on the basis we can deduct 100 due to actual QNH?

Query 3Reading the ERC carefully, I believe a report is also required at GAFER, 52nm north east of ANZAC. However, GAFER is not included in the answer options.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Queries re IREX practice exams

Question 1
You are correct. A GPS is not interested in any ground-based aid, it treats all departure points and destinations as having no ground-based aid. The angle should have been 15°

Question 2
You cannot subtract 100ft from the ceiling just because the box is shaded. You must also be able to obtain the actual QNH when you arrive. Winton does not have AWIS or ATIS and you haven't been told the QNH will be available from any other approved third party, so you cannot subtract 100ft.

Question 3
Ah yes, GAFER is cunningly hidden under a border line. Well spotted mate! I have made the necessary changes to the question.

Thanks for your feed-back. It is most appreciated.

Bob
The following user(s) said Thank You: HPOUND

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds