Header1200x385

× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Dubbo Approach

• declanbailey
  • Topic Author

declanbailey created the topic: Dubbo Approach

Hey guys,
This question relates to 'CIR Revision Questions - Set Seven Question 5 (p320 of the current book). Using the ERC L3 the track between Mudgee to Dubbo is 280. Dubbo to Mudgee it 101 for some reason I can't figure out. The answer states that you can do a Sector A arrival due to an inbound track of 281 so the lowest you can descend is 1630 ft (due AWIS). The answer I put was 3000 ft which is the 10NM MSA. I was just wondering if I was missing something or has the track been changed on the ERC after the question was written?
Thanks
Declan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 263

bobtait replied the topic: Dubbo Approach

The track out of Mudgee is 280°M and the track into Dubbo is 281°M. The one degree difference is due to the change in Magnetic Variation across the map. It is actually the same track and the same true direction. If you maintained that track you would be flying 281°M into Dubbo. So you could do a Sector A GNSS arrival.

You will find many examples on the ERC where the magnetic track in each direction is different by one or two degrees. That is due to changes in magnetic variation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds