Header1200x385

× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Permitted Materials

• declanbailey
  • Topic Author

declanbailey created the topic: Permitted Materials

Hey guys,
am about to sit the IREX exam and under the permitted stationary/instrument section it says that I'll need a compass, protractor and a non-electronic aviation wind triangle and circular slide rule computer. Last time I sat the exam, a couple of years ago, I didn't need any of that stuff and also when I was working through the latest Bob Tait Study Guide they weren't required either. Has anyone done the exam recently and required these items? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Declan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 263

bobtait replied the topic: Permitted Materials

Declan
You are correct. The CASA web site has always said that and it's not needed in the exam. A compass (for drawing circles) a flight computer are not required. I really don't know why they are mentioned in the CASA web site.

Bob

• declanbailey
  • Topic Author

declanbailey replied the topic: Permitted Materials

Thanks Bob. I'm having enough trouble with this exam without trying to draw circles and remember how to use a whiz-wheel.
Declan

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds