Header1200x385

× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

IREX cyber practice test question.

• mayanksingh78@gmail.com
  • Topic Author

mayanksingh78@gmail.com created the topic: IREX cyber practice test question.

Hi Richard / Bob,

Just trying to get my head around the following question that appeared in one of the practice tests:

Select the combination which would satisfy the minimum radio navigation aid requirement for PRIVATE IFR operations for aircraft with a MTOW below 5700 kg within controlled airspace -
Select one:
one ADF or one VOR
one ADF, one VOR and one DME or GPS
one ADF and one VOR
two approved GPSs

Feedback
If you look at the logic of it, an aircraft in controlled airspace would be a big problem to everybody if it lost all navigation capability. You must have at least two separate navigation aids in CTA and that applies to everyone - CHTR, AWK and PVT it makes no difference. The only exception is for aircraft equipped with a GPS that meets TSO C145[a] or C 146[a] standards in which case you need no other aid.

The navigation aids must include either an ADF or a VOR.

AIP GEN 1.5 para 2.1 table.
The correct answer is: one ADF and one VOR

My understanding was that if its a Private IFR, It would need a GPS TSO 129, minimum and in addition to that one VOR or one ADF so I selected the first option on this one, "One ADF OR one VOR, as per AIP GEN 1.5 table 2.1 as listed above but the explained answer suggests you need ADF and VOR both??

Can you please check if Iam missing something here? your answer explanation also says, ADF or VOR, but says, ADF and VOR as correct.

Thanks
Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds