Header1200x385

× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

New AIP and exam next week

• nathanlaing
  • Topic Author

nathanlaing created the topic: New AIP and exam next week

G'day Bob/Richard,

I've got my IREX next week and had become rather competent at navigating the AIP through the index - obviously that won't work now - but skimming through the chapters of the revision (specifically ENR 1.1 and 1.5) it doesn't seem like there are any notable wording changes, just references.

In your opinion do you think it is worth doing the exam using the NOV16 AIP (with the index) or today's revision?

Thanks for your time,
Nathan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 263

bobtait replied the topic: New AIP and exam next week

Nathan

Most certainly you should do the exam with the AIP you are familiar with. You are correct, most of the changes are directed at airline type operations and the actual text relating to GA is much the same. As you might expect, this has been a drama for us. I have spent well over 100 hours changing references in all of the books from PPL to CPL to IREX and also all of the practice exam questions. In almost every case, the text is the same it's just the page number and/or the paragraph number that has changed. To add insult to injury, the new AIP has no index!!

Good luck with the exam.

Bob

• nathanlaing
  • Topic Author

nathanlaing replied the topic: New AIP and exam next week

I can only imagine you're having all sorts of fun sorting through it! With all of the changes they've still left the PEC +50ft rule in AOM instead of the more-appropriate-and-perfectly-logical "Correction of Instrument Procedure Minima for non-standard temperatures" paragraphs... I'll never get the logic.

Many thanks for the practice exams by the way, those things are brilliant.

Nathan

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds