Header1200x385

× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Traffic Holding Sydney: Revision Exercise 3.2 Page 200 Q27

• Migraine
  • Topic Author

Migraine created the topic: Traffic Holding Sydney: Revision Exercise 3.2 Page 200 Q27

Hi Bob,

Your book answer to Revision Exercise 3.2 Q27 is 'D' 'An alternate, or 60 minutes holding is required'

I understand this is due from a 30 minute hold as the ETA is within the INTER period, and a further 30 minute requirement for the traffic holding at Sydney.

I chose answer 'B' (50 minutes), for the same reasons above, except that I found Sydney has a 20 minute traffic holding requirement, and not 30 minutes. - (ATC AU-516 10.2.2.1) - Sydney Intl Traffic Holding Fuel.

Appreciate your time in clarifying this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 263

bobtait replied the topic: Traffic Holding Sydney: Revision Exercise 3.2 Page 200 Q27

The traffic holding at Sydney is 20 minutes except for aircraft that are not PRM capable. PRM is 'PRECISION RUNWAY MONITORING'. That is a system that allows parallel ILS approaches. The aircraft, the pilots and the controllers all have to meet minimum qualifications and recency requirements to allow PRM approaches. Your aircraft is not capable of PRM operations so your traffic holding requirement is 30 mins.

EXCEPTIONS
MON to FRI BTN 2100 AND 0100 (1HR Earlier during HDS) FOR ALL ACFT THAT ARE
NOT ILS PRECISION RWY MONITORING (PRM) CAPABLE - 30 MIN

Bob

• Migraine
  • Topic Author

Migraine replied the topic: Traffic Holding Sydney: Revision Exercise 3.2 Page 200 Q27

Thanks for your quick reply Bob.

I think the ERSA has that exceptions statement written a little clearer.

The Jeps (ATC AU-517) writes:
EXCEPTIONS
BTN 2100-0100 SKED flights arriving earlier than SEMAP AFIX time - 30 MIN

I assume this is the same thing although it doesn't refer to PRM?

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds