Header1200x385

× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Takeoff met minima, performing an RNAV, C-129 equipped.

• CJS
  • Topic Author

CJS created the topic: Takeoff met minima, performing an RNAV, C-129 equipped.

Page 213 mentions that when considering takeoff minima, if you plan on using the RNAV approach to return to your starting aerodrome you must be equipped with a TSO-145/146 capable GPS.

I was just hoping for a reason for this statement, as it seems like a C129 would get the job done in reality.

Is there a legal requirement that I'm missing here?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 263

bobtait replied the topic: Takeoff met minima, performing an RNAV, C-129 equipped.

There once was a rule that said that if you only had one TSO 129 RNAV(GNSS) you couldn't plan to do an RNAV(GNSS) approach unless there was another ground-based approach available. That meant that although you could do an RNAV(GNSS) approach on your return, you couldn't depart unless the ceiling and visibility would allow you to do the ground-based approach in case you needed to. However that has been removed from the AIP and now you can use the TSO 129 RNAV(GNSS). You only need the ground based aid at your alternate if you require one. AIP GEN 1.5 para 2.1 table. I have changed the text in the book to reflect that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds