Header1200x385

× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

airservices or jeeps

• nevans
  • Topic Author

nevans created the topic: airservices or jeeps

so I'm starting irex in a few weeks

just wanted to know what is better to start learning ifr with the air services or investing in the jepsons ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 263

bobtait replied the topic: airservices or jeeps

Both sets of documents are used extensively throughout Australia. Jeps are quite popular with airlines and are probably more compact than the Airservices documents. That said, CASA have made it clear that if ever there is a discrepancy between the two in an exam question, the Airservices documents will be the final say. My students have noticed some issues with Jeps when it comes to exams. For example, location and range of NDBs and data on PRDs are more difficult to find quickly than in ERSA. On the other hand, Jeps are quite popular operationally. It's not for me to recommend one over the other, I suggest you ask around your friends and instructors (not mutually exclusive terms).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds