Header1200x385

× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

IREX Question 7 page 88

• jamup1977
  • Topic Author

jamup1977 created the topic: IREX Question 7 page 88

Question says two dots ( 4 degrees) to the right - but the answer worked out on page 91 for to three dots ( 6 degrees) !!!

If the H A = T used for this , what I get is answer A

Kindly let me know how 180 R was found?

Thanks

Jay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 263

bobtait replied the topic: IREX Question 7 page 88

Jay,

If you have another look at the wording of the question, you will see that it actually says "two dots to the right of the centre circle". On the face of a VOR, the centre circle represents the first dot. When the CDI is on the edge of the centre circle, you are already 2° off the selected track. Two dots further right would be a total of 6° off the selected track. It is true that most pilots refer to the edge of the circle as 'one dot'. In the exam, they usually make it clear by saying so many dots right/left of the centre circle.

Bob

• jamup1977
  • Topic Author

jamup1977 replied the topic: IREX Question 7 page 88

Thank u Bob

But the answer of 097?

• Thank you received: 263

bobtait replied the topic: IREX Question 7 page 88

I don't see any answer of 097°. Where did you get that from? Your track made good was 6° left of the flight planned track of 002°M (from the ERC chart). That means your track made good was 356°M. Your heading was also 356°M so the ADF needle would be pointing directly behind you. That is 180°R on the ADF dial. The diagram on page 91 illustrates this.

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds