Header1200x385

× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Practice exam inter

• linc90
  • Topic Author

linc90 created the topic: Practice exam inter

Hi Bob Rich please see attached I'm left a little confused with this one in the INTER it says the vis and cloud a fallen below Brisbane alternate minimum
But also in between the INTER it says could is BKN009 so 900ft below the minimum of 1137 but vis is ok

So I would think you would need a alternate regardless because the weather is bad in the inter and TAF
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TimS

TimS replied the topic: Practice exam inter

I reckon you're correct there. The provided "correct answer" would be fine if not for the BKN at 900ft. Wait to hear from the pros though. I guess there's going to be quite a few like this slipping through the cracks with all the changes CASA are making right now. Well done to Bob, Rich and the others for keeping up with it as best they can though!

Tim.

• Thank you received: 263

bobtait replied the topic: Practice exam inter

Thanks Tim. We did miss the fact that the background weather was also below the alternate minima. The answer you chose was correct for that TAF. However I have changed the TAF to indicate BKN at 2000 instead of 900 as the background weather. That makes the original answer (50 minutes holding or an alternate) correct.

Thanks for your feedback.

Bob

• linc90
  • Topic Author

linc90 replied the topic: Practice exam inter

Thanks Bob nice and clear !! Can you rely to my other questions in the forum when you get time there on title planning req and Cloud amount

Cheers
Linc

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds