Header1200x385

× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

PASSED IREX

• wazjones
  • Topic Author

wazjones created the topic: PASSED IREX

Hi All,

Well after 2 Months of Brain Torture & loss of sleep due to thinking about this exam - I finally passed with 78%

This is after a couple of previous failed attempts :(

I'd like to add that the actual CASA IREX Exam is really nothing like the Bob Tait Exams.

I have done a lot of practice exams & was getting between 80 - 100% but failed on my 1st attempt at the CASA Exam miserably & only got 63% on my second attempt.

After some heavy tutoring & more practice exams third time was a winner.

Regards,

Waz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DaVeHU

DaVeHU replied the topic: PASSED IREX

Hi WazJones,

Congrats on your successful exam!

could you help us pointing out the main differences between the real and the practice exams? (I'd like to add that the actual CASA IREX Exam is really nothing like the Bob Tait Exams.)

Thanks for your help,
David

• wazjones
  • Topic Author

wazjones replied the topic: PASSED IREX

Hi David,

The CASA Exam questions have a lot more information in them that you have to decipher & extract only the info that pertains to the question they are actually asking. The Bob Tait exams are more to the point & don't include much more info than is necessary.

The styling of the questions is very different.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Warren.

• linc90

linc90 replied the topic: PASSED IREX

Hey Warren I struggling a bit thought the IREX what did you do specifically after you failed the 2nd time ?
Just need a head steer in the right direction!
If you could give me any advice that would awesome
Cheers mate

• jamup1977

jamup1977 replied the topic: PASSED IREX

failed IREX few times.changed the strategy , took more time and read the book back to back, done all the questions and practice exams. But the real CASA questions are tough, so many data and so many areas to work out. They are different.

Lots of fuel calculations, and some questions are really tricky where I find it unfair . Anyway nothing can be done . There are few areas BT hasnt address very well

Good Luck !!

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: PASSED IREX

Well done Jamup! So pleased to hear you got through. Excellent news!!! B)

Cheers,

Rich

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds