Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Altimeter checks

• rajneel31
  • Topic Author

rajneel31 created the topic: Altimeter checks

Hi
I really need an answer to this question. Here it goes...

You plan a private IFR flight from Canberra to Mallacoota with a stopping at Meribula. You checked the altimeter at Canberra and it was satisfactory. After stopping at Meribula you checked the altimeter and it was 65'

Can this flight continue as IFR to Mallacoota?

Ps elevation for meribula is 7' and 6'

Thanks
Rajneel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Altimeter checks

Hi rajneel,

The elevation at Merimbula is 7 ft so if the altimeter is reading 65ft, then it is 58ft in error. This is within the 60ft tolerance required for an IFR altimeters so the flight can continue IFR. Did they mention anything about 2 altimeters?
Cheers,
Rich
Here's the excerpt out of AIP ENR 1.7 1.2
Attachments:

• rajneel31
  • Topic Author

rajneel31 replied the topic: Altimeter checks

Hi Rich.. You made my day. My answer is same as yours. But unfortunately I got a wrong in the FIRX. Please can you help me out on how to I get this question checked and get it right. I scored 68%. I really need this score. Please
Also it didn't mention two altimeters.

Thanks
Rajneel
Attachments:

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Altimeter checks

Hi Rajneel,
Your best bet would be to contact exams section at CASA. Without the EXACT wording of the question, it is impossible to tell you what the answer absolutely has to be. It is fairly safe to say the questions have gone through a lot of students by now so it is unlikely there is an error. You can try your luck with CASA but I suspect, at best, you will get a free re-sit. Please let us know how you get on.
Cheers,
Rich

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds