Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

sample question help

• davidyeung1991
  • Topic Author

davidyeung1991 created the topic: sample question help

ERC L4 refers.
You are flying at A070 from MOUNT ISA (MA) (S2040 E13929) on J64 to CAIRNS. You departed MA maintaining a HDG of 051M, with the VOR OBS selected to 051. The cockpit VOR OBI has a scale of a target (small inner) circle with 4 dots on each side of it.At 30 DME MA, the CDI shows a deflection one dot to the left of the target circle. What is your new heading to fly directly from your present position to intercept track at TASHA?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mister W

Mister W replied the topic: sample question help

Hi David,
Sounds like it's a Drift and a 1 in 60 question.

That type of VOR is showing you 4° off track to the right after 30nm travelled. You are experiencing a wind that is giving you 4°right drift.
According to the ERC L6, you are about half way between MA and TASHA. All you have to do now for this question is double your drift of 4° and it will give you what you need to track direct TASHA. 8° to the left from 051°= New HDG 043°

Hope this helps

Mister W.

• davidyeung1991
  • Topic Author

davidyeung1991 replied the topic: sample question help

thanks a lot. I
have an other question , if you depart from Brisbane on a flight to rockhampton VHOZY ,Runway 19 will be necessary . the aircraft DME is U/s.what is take of mina when in the event of an engine failure after departure , land back at Brisbane ?

I am not sure when i read the 19ILS plate it need DME , is it i can use GPS instead of DME?

• Mister W

Mister W replied the topic: sample question help

The RWY 19 ILS-Z chart states you can use GNSS in lieu of DME using BN VOR as the reference.

I've seen this question before! The answer is the approach minima of 220'. Check out AIP ENR 1.5-29 para 4.4.4 for the explanation.

Regards,
Mister W.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds