Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

KDR - Practical Test Day

• alexl
  • Topic Author

alexl created the topic: KDR - Practical Test Day

Hi

I recently passed my IREX (yay, but there are a few gaps). One of my problem areas is ADF/NDB. While I did the theory and a bit of NDB flying in the SIM, all aircrafts I have access to don't have an ADF (or DME) and I also don't intend to get an NBD endorsement.

Now, I know that the testing officer (flying test) will ask me questions about the KDR on the test day ... Do I have to review all the ADF material or can I skip it as I don't do the NBD endorsement?

I was quite surprised that there were so many questions about NDB/ADF considering that most NDBs will be decommissioned.

Anyway, would appreciate some comments about your experience doing the IR test flight / day.

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: KDR - Practical Test Day

I guess that would be up to your test officer. He/she would be justified in asking questions on ADF/NDB because it is in the syllabus. However I would think that a reasonable person would take into account the fact that you do not intend to get an NDB endorsement. I agree that the course does have a lot of material on NDB/VOR but we have no option while the syllabus in the Part 61 MOS still insists that it is required knowledge. I have asked CASA about the future of ground based aids in theory exams and they have said that there is no date set for their removal. I am working on reorganizing the IREX book in the future to have ADF/VOR as a separate supplement in anticipation of the day when they finally drop it. But I don't think it will be any time soon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds