Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Townsville Approach Design Question

• Sam1368
  • Topic Author

Sam1368 created the topic: Townsville Approach Design Question

Hi Everyone,

Something relating to this came up as an IREX practice question for a friend of mine.

The question was related to descent into Townsville on the DME / GNSS arrival within Sector D (see DME / GNSS Arrival Page 2). The minimum segment altitude up to 8nm is 4000, but the 10nm MSA is 3600. What makes the minimum segment altitude higher than the MSA?

Is this related to the GPS tolerances / horizontal integrity limits?

Cheers

Sam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Townsville Approach Design Question

The 'not below 4000' step on sector D extends from 8nm to 13nm. Obviously there must be a higher obstacle beyond 10nm in that sector. As to why they extended it to 8nm I don't know. Don't lose any sleep over it - good question though..

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Townsville Approach Design Question

The 'not below 4000' step on sector D extends from 8nm to 13nm. Obviously there must be a higher obstacle beyond 10nm in that sector. As to why they extended it to 8nm I don't know. Don't lose any sleep over it - good question though..

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds