Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

category 1 minima

• fruitfly67
  • Topic Author

fruitfly67 created the topic: category 1 minima

G'day Bob,

The rule that you cannot use the published visibility minimum relating to Decision Altitude (DA) unless HIAL is available and you can satisfy the following requirements on aircraft equipment and runway lighting. Reference AIP ENR 1.5 para 4.7.3 (a) (b)

1. The aircraft is manually flown for the entire approach using a FLIGHT DIRECTOR or is flown with an AUTOPILOT coupled to the Localizer and Glide Path, &
2. The aircraft is equipped with a SERVICABLE FAILURE WARNING SYSTEM for the primary attitude and heading reference systems (AH & DG) &
3. High Intensity Runway Lighting (HIRL) is available

Am I correct to assume that I would not be able to use the published visibility minimum ( e.g- ILS-Z Rwy 12 Hobart DA 530 feet AMSL) due to the requirements as above cannot be satisfied. Therefore the minimum visibility that I can use in VH-OZY to fly the ILS would be 1.2 km?

Regards
George

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds