Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Removal of "Avoiding Controlled Airspace"

• DanBay
  • Topic Author

DanBay created the topic: Removal of "Avoiding Controlled Airspace"

Hi Guys

Just wondering who else has picked up on the removal of the tolerances within the "Avoiding Controlled Airspace" section of ENR 1.1 19.12 (p41) (Jepp ATC AU508)

Was wondering if someone had a copy of the old text for comparisons sake.

Thanks.

Dan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bonanza

Bonanza replied the topic: Removal of "Avoiding Controlled Airspace"

I think the tolerances have been removed and now the rule is stay clear or get a clearance.
be keen to learn more...

Ben

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Removal of "Avoiding Controlled Airspace"

See also AIP ENR 1.1 para 19.12

Bob

• DanBay
  • Topic Author

DanBay replied the topic: Removal of "Avoiding Controlled Airspace"

Yeah, I was aware that it now says, aircraft may operate up to the boundary within controlled airspace, and aircraft "That have a risk of entering controlled airspace" should consider obtaining a clearance.

I just didn't think it really made sense to make that statement without giving a guideline about what is considered "at risk" as they had in the earlier version.

I Did my IREX last year but am about to do my flight test, and suspect i might get asked about this from my KDR and wanted to be across it thoroughly on both versions just in case.

What I was looking for the attachment below, because I'm pretty ruthless with keeping my AIPs and Jepps up to date I couldn't find the old version. Fortunately someone else was able to locate a copy for me.

Thanks anyway guys.
Attachments:

• CANCEL SARTIME

CANCEL SARTIME replied the topic: Removal of "Avoiding Controlled Airspace"

Hi guys,

I realise this is an older post but I’d just like to mention that I sat IREX yesterday and scored only 65%. I was asked a question on the tolerance that should be applied when tracking from a VOR to avoid CTA yesterday and I scrambled to find it in AIP but now I see that the relevant page has been removed. CASA’s link to ‘Post exam Comment’ doesn’t work but I’ve sent an email to our local aviation safety advisor so hopefully that question can be reviewed and removed or altered.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Removal of "Avoiding Controlled Airspace"

Yes, you are correct, the silly requirements for allowances in avoiding CTA have been removed [thank goodness]. Now the AIP just says don't enter CTA without a clearance. I'm surprised to hear that you had a question based on the old allowances - it certainly should not have been in an exam. Good luck with your Post Exam Comment. I hope it works. Please let me know the outcome.

Bob

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds