Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Visual circling after straight in approach by day

• KF
  • Topic Author

KF created the topic: Visual circling after straight in approach by day

Hi again,

In examples in the textbook it says that by day on say a VOR approach, if I break out of cloud below the circling minima and I couldn't land on the appropriate runway for the approach, I could circle at this lower height as long as I remain visual in the circling area and maintained the appropriate terrain clearance for the aircraft category.

In AIP ENR 1.5 Para 1.10.1 d) A missed approach must be executed if a landing cannot be effected from a runway approach, unless a circling approach can be conducted in weather conditions equal to or better than those specified for circling.
So would the cloud base being lower than that required for circling not mean I must execute a missed approach?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 258

bobtait replied the topic: Visual circling after straight in approach by day

Gidday KF.
'weather conditions equal to or better than those specified for circling'.

ENR 1.5 para 1.7.6 (a) (b) )c) and (e) explains the weather conditions specified for circling by day. That's not necessarily the conditions on the approach plate against 'CIRCLING.

ENR 1.5 para 1.7.6 (e) explains the conditions specified for circling by day only.

All that is required is that you maintain 300 feet (for OZY) obstacle clearance above any obstruction that you fly over and remain within the circling area with visibility not less than that specified for circling while maintaining visual contact with the runway environs.

Bob.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds