Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Exercise 4 Question 17

• oscarmiike
  • Topic Author

oscarmiike created the topic: Exercise 4 Question 17

Hi all,

I'm having some trouble with meteorological minima for take-off. The answer to Exercise 4 Question 17 tells me to use 06 NDB for Blackall. As I see it the working should be as follows:

S-I NDB 1570 - Elev. 928 = Minimum Ceiling of 642

Also the visibility as per the 06 NDB chart is 3.7km not 3.4km

Does this question need updating or is there a fundamental issue with my understanding of this question?

Kind regards,
OM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 258

bobtait replied the topic: Exercise 4 Question 17

Oscarmike

You are correct, the NDB approach minima have changed. I have changed the answer to reflect that. Thanks for your feed-back, it is much appreciated.

By the way, subtracting the aerodrome elevation from the SI runway 06 MDA is not correct. For a runway approach, the surveyors use the runway threshold elevation, not the aerodrome elevation. That's why the RWY 06 MDA ceiling is given as 652 and not 642. Note that when they give the circling MDA they use the aerodrome elevation.

Bob

• oscarmiike
  • Topic Author

oscarmiike replied the topic: Exercise 4 Question 17

Ok great, thanks Bob. You might want to check out page 205 too, the example for Kempsey had me scratching my head for a bit also.

Cheers,
OM.

• oscarmiike
  • Topic Author

oscarmiike replied the topic: Exercise 4 Question 17

Thanks for pointing that out Bob. This subject is full of surprises.

Regards,
OM.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds