Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Part61

• 3P
  • Topic Author

3P created the topic: Part61

Hi Bob and Andrew

Today I sat my Irex exam and got a score of 57, whilst I was disappointed I realised there was a big mistake on my part which was I did not realise how much of an impact PArt 61 was going to be on the exam the book I used was July 2013 to study and also I bought past exam papers last week, I guess I am after advice on how best to attack this and successfully pass this very very well am I better off maybe getting a tutor or purchase the new Bob tait irex with the part 61 amendments also are the online questions updated to match the part 61 changes they were a few questions in the exam which made reference to the part 61 material, I am more than happy to send you my KDR's for an even better insight also with a score like 57 I basically have to redo he whole course

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 258

bobtait replied the topic: Part61

3P,
Part 61 impacts mainly on the area of pilot licences, ratings and recent experience requirements. Unfortunately, that happens to be an area that is the source of many exam questions. Also the Part 61 MOS includes an understanding of the errors and limitations of RNAV/GNSS. There have been no changes to areas such as alternate planning, or instrument approach, holding patterns and circling procedures apart from the new terminology [2D and 3D approaches, CDI and Azimuth Guidance].

I understand your disappointment in missing out on the exam but I imagine there would be quite a few others in the same boat. I don't know if you reaslise it, but we do have a a supplement on our web page that covers the main areas of change to licences, ratings and recent experience. Also, the latest issue of the IREX book has been amended to meet the Part 61 changes. If you would like to send us a summary of your KDR, please do so via e-mail rather than as a post on this forum - I don't think it's necessary to share it with the rest of Australia......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds