Header1200x385

× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

IREX exam materials

• polemonkey
  • Topic Author

polemonkey created the topic: IREX exam materials

Just after some information on the materials permitted while sitting the IREX. I understand that you are required to take in your AIP/ERSA/PLATES/CHARTS etc but can someone tell me what sections of the CAR's and CAO's you need to sit this exam?

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 266

bobtait replied the topic: IREX exam materials

I have made an extract of the CAR, CASR and CAOs needed in the exam. CASA has approved them and they can be taken in to the exam. If you would like to e-mail Lee at the office [This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.] she'll send you a pdf of the extract. Just tell her that you are polemonkey.

Good luck.

• polemonkey
  • Topic Author

polemonkey replied the topic: IREX exam materials

Thanks Bob, much appreciated.

• Stew330

Stew330 replied the topic: IREX exam materials

Hi Bob,

I had Lee send me the PDF of these docs, (CAO 20.9-20.18 & CASR subpart 61.M) however they don't contain the NVFR recency requirements as far as I can see.. am i missing something there or do we just download the specific section (61.395) from CASA site?

Thanks in advance

Stewart

• jamup1977

jamup1977 replied the topic: IREX exam materials

I too have the same but waiting for Lee s email regarding Night VFR ?

• Stew330

Stew330 replied the topic: IREX exam materials

I'm still not sure on this either so let me know what you find out.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: IREX exam materials

G'day!

The instrument rating now covers you for NVFR without any special recency requirements. You only need to have 1 take-off and landing at night to fly alone at night or 3 take-offs and landings at night if you want to take passengers. This is covered in the general recency requirements. However, note that once your instrument rating IPC runs out you lose all NVFR privileges too - unless you happen to hold a current NVFR rating.

Cheers,

Rich

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds