Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

PART61 NVFR CHARTER AERONAUTICAL/RECENT EXPERIENCE

• Kingers
  • Topic Author

Kingers created the topic: PART61 NVFR CHARTER AERONAUTICAL/RECENT EXPERIENCE

Hi,

Does anyone know what the New PART61 NVFR Charter aeronautical experience / recent experience??

I've found this in Part 61

PVT/ AWK

Aeronautical experience (PVT/AWK) 61.975
• At least 10 hours at night (Aircraft/approved flight simulation training device)
• Including at least 5 hours of dual cross-country flight time at night in an aircraft.
• The dual cross-country flight time required must comprise at least 2 flights, each of which must include at least one landing at an aerodrome, other than the
aerodrome from which the flight began, that is remote from extensive ground lighting.

Recent experience 61.965
• 1 Take off & 1 Landing at night in the last 6 months in an aircraft of that category while controlling the aircraft; or
• Been assessed as competent to conduct a flight at night in an aircraft of that category by a flight instructor who holds a night VFR training endorsement.

CHARTER (Passenger-carrying)

Aeronautical experience

PART 61 didn’t specify any requirements for any special AERONAUTICAL EXPERIENCE for Charter operations.
Could Table 61.980 be representing all categories of operation????

Recent experience 61.395
• Pilot has done 3 take offs and landings within the previous 90 days in the aircraft or flight simulator.
• Each take-off followed by a climb to at least 500 ft. AGL.

OR

• Has successfully completed a relevant check or review; or
• Has passed a flight test for a pilot license or a rating on a pilot license that includes at least 1 take-off and 1 landing at night.

If you go online and type CAO 40.2.1, the document now has been superseded by CAO 40.2.2 and CAO 40.2.2 is still current.

Funny thing is CAO 40.2.2 Aeronautical experience doesn't match exactly what Part 61.975 says.
The recent experience does match though.

i.e CAO 40.2.2 Appendix 1 AERONAUTICAL EXPERIENCE aircraft other than balloons

(b) at least 10 hours of flight time as a pilot that was flown at night and that includes:
(i) at least 5 hours of flight time in an aircraft of the category appropriate to the grade of rating to which the paragraph relates; and
(ii) at least 2 hours of flight time in an aircraft that is flying in a traffic pattern; and
(iii) at least 1 hour of flight time in an aircraft:
(A) that is flying in a traffic pattern; and
(B) that is of the category appropriate to the grade of rating to which the paragraph relates; and
(c) 5 hours dual navigation night flight time including:
(i) 2 hours visual instruction by an approved pilot; and
(ii) in the case of subparagraph 6.1 (b) — at least 1 cross-country flight in dual flying that satisfies the following requirements:
(A) the duration of the flight must be at least 3 hours;
(B) the flight must cover at least 100 miles; and

Part 61.975 doesn't say anything about the 2hrs in traffic pattern or 1 cross country flight with 3 hours & over 100 miles.

So what do I do?? On the side of 40.2.2 on the COMLAW website, it says "UNINCORPORATED AMENDMENTS", so I click on it and read the entire thing.

It leads me to this document (Civil Aviation Order (Flight Crew Licensing) Repeal and Amendment Instrument 2014 (No. 1) - F2014L01177)

It says this:

This order amends Civil Aviation Orders (CAOs) to take into account the commencement of Parts 61, 64, 141 and 142 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998, repeals other CAOs that will no longer be required when those Parts commence, and provides related transitional provisions to allow continuation of aviation activities by qualified individuals.

Then when you read it through and finally get to the part you want to see......

Appendix 8C
Minimum aeronautical experience requirements to conduct charter, or regular public transport, operations in a type of helicopter

IT DOESN"T HAVE ANYTHING ABOUT AEROPLANES?!??!?!

So I continued to search....and I found this

Schedule 27 Repeal of Civil Aviation Orders

Part 1

Instrument
Repeal date
Civil Aviation Order 40.0
1 September 2014

BLAH BLAH BLAH
THEN I SEE 40.2.1........ so it's been repeal, as in taken away!
BUT NOT 40.2.2???????

MY QUESTION IS...... WHERE IS THE PART ABOUT AEROPLANES???

I've come to a dead end guys.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds