Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Part 61 ILS recency

• Eddewes
  • Topic Author

Eddewes created the topic: Part 61 ILS recency

Hi All,
I did all your practice exams and was abit confused on the wording of the new part 61 recency questions particularly...

You are to depart Perth in VH-OZY. Your log book shows that the most recent instrument approach you have done is an ILS approach 45 days ago. You have done no other instrument approaches in the last 90 days. The ATIS indicates the surface wind is 220 degrees at 20 kt. You plan to return to Perth if you suffer any emergency in IMC after take-off.

Your Answer is...
You did an ILS 45 days ago, so you are not current on the ILS or LOC., but an ILS covers you for a VOR for the next 90 days. So you can do a VOR approach. Check DAP for RWY 21 VOR at Perth. The landing minima are 507ft and visibility of 2.9km.

What does that mean actually? So to be current on ILS you must have flown 3 instrument approaches within the last 90 days including a 3d approach?
But one ILS approach in between (When the others expire) will keep you current on 2d approaches like the VOR, but not ILS?

Any help would be appreciated,
Ed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Eddewes
  • Topic Author

Eddewes replied the topic: Part 61 ILS recency

Ps. I answered it with question 3; [257 ft and a visibility of 1.2 km] thinking I was smart and spotted the trickery which at the time thought was because OZY didn't have a FD and there was no PEC correction. So I thought that visibility should be 1.2km and that I should add the 50ft to the DA...Little did I know you had a Plan C haha... well I have to say thanks cause IREX looks easier thanks to your wording and I would recommend your Cyber exams to anybody.
Cheers,
Ed

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Part 61 ILS recency

Ed,
It looks like you've spotted a question which is still based on the pre September 1 rules. It must have slipped through the change over. I have checked it out and made the necessary changes. Thanks for your feed-back.

Cheers

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds