Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Any Changes to IREX after part 61

• Aviation101
  • Topic Author

Aviation101 created the topic: Any Changes to IREX after part 61

Hey Guys,

i was just wondering from anyone who has recently sat the IREX exam if any new questions looked related to the new part 61 and/or if the exam looks totally different now.

Cheers,
Raphael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Any Changes to IREX after part 61

Hi Raphael,

You can expect changes to the exam post-Part 61. We have been told the changes will be kept to a minimum until the dust settles but obvious old regulations have been culled out of the CASA question banks. You can expect changes in recency requirements, Night VFR privileges and the ratings/endorsement structure of the instrument rating. CAO 40.2 is no longer valid and all relevant information has been moved to the CASR and the MOS documents at the CASA website.

Bob is working on a major review of the IREX book at the moment and will be posting an IREX Part 61 supplement shortly.Watch this space. Perhaps anyone who has sat the IREX exam since September 1st would be kind enough to leave some feedback here for those students about to take the plunge :)

Cheers,

Rich

• Eddewes

Eddewes replied the topic: Any Changes to IREX after part 61

This is a repost for Part 61 on recency if anyone could help and explain some of it
- 3 approaches in last 90 days to be IFR current (per 61.870 (2))
- at least 1 hour under IFR (and not necessarily in IMC) and 1 approach for single pilot IFR in last 6 mths (per 61.875)
- if I want to carry out an NDB approach, I need to have done either an NDB/VOR/RNAV in the last 90 days (per 61.870 (4)) for 2D approach recency and an NDB per 61.870 (6) for azimuth guidance recency
- if I want to carry out a RNAV-GNSS approach, I need to have done either an NDB/VOR/RNAV approach in the last 90 days per 61.870(4) for 2D approach recency, and either VOR/RNAV per 61.870 (6) for course deviation guidance recency
- if I want to carry out a VOR approach, I need to have done either an NDB/VOR/RNAV approach in the last 90 days per 61.870(4) for 2D approach recency, and either VOR/RNAV per 61.870 (6) for course deviation guidance recency
- if I want to carry out an ILS, I need to have done one in the last 90 days per 3D approach recency at 61.870(5)

I heard that there is no longer any 35day recency for ILS that goes to 90 days and that 3d and 2d terminology are introduced? Apparently 3d is for precision aids that help you with approaches on both planes and 2d is for non precision. If anybody can help explain why they love CASA please do :laugh:

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Any Changes to IREX after part 61

Gidday Raphael

You've got it about right. The points you have made are correct. We have published a summary of the changes on this web page.

Bob

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds