Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Any changes to the IREX syllabus under new regs?

• stobsy
  • Topic Author

stobsy created the topic: Any changes to the IREX syllabus under new regs?

Morning Bob + Team

Bob, I contacted you about a year ago for advice on converting an EASA licence over here with UK Military Multi experience. I am now nearly ready to take the CPL flight test and am starting the IREX theory for the exam and rating as soon after the CPL as possible. Firstly, thanks for your help so far as I used your text for the Human Performance and Air Law exams and it was a great help. The reason for the post is that there was some confusion last week as to whether I would need to re-do my CPL Air Law as the new regulations (1st Sep) now included some Radio Telephony items for licence conversions. From what I have gathered I am in the clear (by way of direct contact with CASA) but I just wanted to make sure that there were no changes, that you were aware of, relating to IREX exams as I am just about to tuck into your text book (July 2013 version)?

Thanks again!

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rilangi

rilangi replied the topic: Any changes to the IREX syllabus under new regs?

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Any changes to the IREX syllabus under new regs?

Gidday Chris

If CASA have advised that you won't need to resit Air Law, I guess you can take that as gospel. Like most everyone else here, we are in a 'wait and see' mode. I have had no feed-back from students reporting any big changes to IREX. There are some minor terminology changes, such as a 'non precision approach' is now referred to as a '2D' approach and a 'precision approach' is now referred to as a '3D' approach. We will be posting any changes that may affect the IREX on our web page under errata for IREX. Keep an eye on that and it should help you stay up to date. All the best with your study.

Bob

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds