Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

New Part 61 Recency Requirements

• Aviatordan
  • Topic Author

Aviatordan created the topic: New Part 61 Recency Requirements

G'day all,

An interesting tidbit of knowledge from Part 61:

"The holder of an instrument rating is authorised to pilot an aircraft under the IFR in a single pilot operation only if the holder has conducted a flight or simulated flight under the IFR in a single pilot operation within the previous 6 months.
...the flight or simulated flight must:
a) have a duration of at least one hour; and
b) include at least one instrument approach or simulated instrument approach."

Note the key phrase "under the IFR" and not anything to the effect of "instrument flight/ground time" or "IMC". In reading this, the only conclusion I can draw is that if I go out and fly on an IFR flight plan for an hour and do an instrument approach, whether the flight is in VMC or IMC, I have then met the recency requirements (not including approach recency). This begs the question of proof of recency as there is no space to log "IFR flight". Surely this is a typo or I am missing a definition/sub-regulation somewhere.

Thoughts?

Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds