Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Anyone else starting to study for IREX?

• Outofwhack
  • Topic Author

Outofwhack created the topic: Anyone else starting to study for IREX?

If anyone else is starting to self study for IREX in Brisbane or anywhere and feels they need some mutual support to know they are not alone post here or PM me.

Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Outofwhack
  • Topic Author

Outofwhack replied the topic: Anyone else starting to SELF STUDY for IREX?

RELIEF! I just passed on my second attempt with 83% The end of a nightmare 8 weeks of my life.
My first attempt scored me 65% yet I was confident of a pass when I pressed the submit button 5 seconds before time up!
Second attempt after a further 3 weeks of very lonely home study, the exam appeared much harder. and I was far less confident of a pass.
I had decided that if I fail this second attempt I would attend Bobs course. I feel so relieved I passed and I still feel I want to attend Bobs course!

CONCLUSION: DONT SELF STUDY THIS ONE
I self studied all CPL(A) and CPL(H) exams and completed all 11 exams in 11 weeks requiring only 1 retake (Air Law) several years ago so I felt confident
that I could do the same with IREX. I was right it is possible to self study but it hurt big time literally. Aches and pains from sitting, sleep upset from getting outside much, far behind on housework.
I am sure I missed lots of useful information and hearing all the questions and answers in class and only had Bobs workbook to go by. Its not enough.

Thanks to Bob and Richard for the telephone help and support :)

Dont baulk at the price of an intensive course. In this case it is really worth it!

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Anyone else starting to SELF STUDY for IREX?

Hey Andy!
Great to hear you got through! Awesome - I am really pleased. What a great way to start a weekend eh? I've got a big grin on my face for you. Great stuff.
Cheers,
Rich
:)

• Aviatordan

Aviatordan replied the topic: Anyone else starting to SELF STUDY for IREX?

Congrats on the pass, mate! I have self studied IREX and am going to be taking the exam in a couple of weeks. Do you think you would be able to give an exam breakdown? Not looking for a question dump, but just some general topics that seemed to stand out a bit more than others, how many questions there were, what types of questions attracted more marks etc..

Congrats again, mate!

Dan

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds