Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Holding Pattern

• Spinrecovery
  • Topic Author

Spinrecovery created the topic: Holding Pattern

Hi,
I have a question regarding what holding pattern to use. I am aware that if your heading is between 090 and 200, a parallel entry is appropriate. If your heading is between 020 and 090 use a teardrop entry and if the heading is more than 200 or less than 020 use a direct entry. I am just trying to visualize it in my head and I am still confused what pattern would be appropriate to use. What would be the easiest way to determine which holding pattern to use?
Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 258

bobtait replied the topic: Holding Pattern

The simplest method is to check out the little diagram on the top right of the approach chart. Depending on the orientation of the holding pattern, the three sectors for each aerodrome are clearly defined on the diagram. When you consider that you have plenty of time while you are en route to the destination to study the sector entries and rehearse them in your mind it's not so difficult after all.

Bob
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds