Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Passed IREX and now to ATPL's!

• FliegerNick
  • Topic Author

FliegerNick created the topic: Passed IREX and now to ATPL's!

Hey everyone and Mr. Tait,

So after 2 attempts and finally on my 3rd sitting, I finally passed irex! Just been literally having the worst time and which was most likey due to my study technique (I admit). I have found, and recommend to anyone not having the greatest luck with IREX or any of the CPL exams, the online practice exams are really worth it! I found in my nav exam, 2/3rds of the questions I did there were in the B.T online ones. So thanks again.

So what can I say about the IREX exam, soon as I got the '83% PASS' letters on that screen...I was just stoked to finally see that result!
Just to name a few things I got wrong;
-Icing - go over the clouds and what it means for potential icing regardless of the temp. For example; if the temp is -5 degrees c and you flying in NS - what icing is expected. I should of selected 'rime' [in retrospective thnking] but selected 'clear'.... :ohmy:
-Visual circling. In the exam they presented you are at the end of a VOR approach and stated the wind direction meant you would have to land on a different runway. With the question asking what would be the required visibility required, I thought to circling area visibility would be correct?

That's just a few things, but thanks again. Now the next and 'final' stage or theory begins - ATPL's! :laugh:
-Nick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Passed IREX and now to ATPL's!

Congratulations Nick. That's a great pass mark as well. All the best with your future training.

Bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds