Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Weather question

• stilly1984
  • Topic Author

stilly1984 created the topic: Weather question

Hi all,

Has anyone had any questions on or know where I can get information on this Learning Outcome from the CAO:

2.5 Use GPWT wind velocity data to:

(a) predict the probability of CAT; and

(b) identify forecast jetstream.

Regards,
Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Weather question

Suggest you try a Bureau of Meteorology publication called AVIATION METEOROLOGY. You will find information on jet streams on pages 41 to 43 and pages 88 to 96.

Bob

• stilly1984
  • Topic Author

stilly1984 replied the topic: Weather question

Cheers Bob,

Is it an online publication? I have searched for it but cant find a copy. I am booked in to do my IREX exam this Friday. I have been studying your text book back to front but only just realized after reading the CASA sample questions that there are questions on weather.

Is there a reason you have not included this in the IREX text book?

Regards,
Chris

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Weather question

No I don't think the Manual of Meteorology is available on line. Most pilot supply stores would have it in stock. The feedback I have had on IREX is possible questions on airframe ice, mountain wave activity and thunderstorms. Basically at PPL level. There certainly are no questions on upper level met such as jet streams and clear air turbulence.

All the best with the exam. We'll be thinking of you!

Bob

• Thank you received: 2

rubber replied the topic: Weather question

My copy of the BoM's 'Manual of AVIATION METEROLOGY' (second edition 2007) has information on Jet Streams on page 60-62.
However, there was no question on this topic in my IREX exam.

Cheers, rubber

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds