Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Jepps

• GavinS
  • Topic Author

GavinS created the topic: Jepps

Dear Bob,

I am a trained New Zealand Pilot, but having to do the IREX exam due to my TTMRA CASA Instrument rating lapse.
I have started studying from your Instrument Rating Study Guide and using the Jepps. I noticed in the book July 2013, alot
of references are made to CAO and AIP Gen etc.... Is there any possibility I will have to get any other material for the IREX exam?
Or can I just use the BT Instrument Rating Study Guide and Jepps? Will i find all of the references in the Jepps?

Also, on the exam booking permitted material list it stats under the Jeppesen:
CAR 1988
CAO Parts 20 to 95.2
CAAP 234-1 (1)
along with the Jepps.

Will I need all of these as well?

Thank you for your time

Regards
Gavin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Jepps

Hi Gavin,

Sorry to get back to you so late but if you haven't already sat your exam, here is some information for you. The exam will expect you to have access to the materials they mention in the list so you would need to have access to them (unless you have a photographic memory). We do have a selection of the relevant sections in a smaller printed and bound version which you are allowed to take with you into the exam over here instead of the kilograms of paperwork in the other regs. Have a word with Lee in the office if you want some more information.

As for using Jepps instead of the AirServices materials, there have been some problems reported - see the following forum threads:

www.bobtait.com.au/forum/air-law/3735-jeppesen-and-prd#4176
www.bobtait.com.au/forum/instrument-rati...rep-open-exam-1#4828

Cheers,

Rich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds