Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Primary means of tracking

• weirdguy99
  • Topic Author

weirdguy99 created the topic: Primary means of tracking

Hey guys,

I got the following KDR after finishing the IREX: Primary means of tracking - 2.20(e).

What sort of questions would a testing office ask me in terms of tracking?

Here is the actual syllabus point:
(e) approach and landing procedures:
(i) OCTA, CTR and GAAP;
(ii) visual approach procedures;
(iii) procedures in the event of loss of radio communications;
(iv) cancellation of SAR;
(v) landing manoeuvres OCTA;
(vi) V.M.C. separation procedures for I.F.R. flight under GAAP; and
(vii) operation of VHF aerodrome lighting (PAL).

Cheers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mister W

Mister W replied the topic: Primary means of tracking

Hi Weirdguy,
Just having a look at CAO 40.2.1. Can't believe they haven't ammended it. AIP RAC/OPS were changed to GEN/ENR last century and GAAP's been gone for years. Anyway, back to the topic.

Just about every pre-lic test I conducted, re-newal I had and discussions with ATO's, we would normally pick visual approaches day and night and incorporate it with the check items from the Pre-Flight Examination part of the IFR test form. Form 645 if you're looking for it.
CASA allowed CFI's to sign off KDRs a while back so I would have seperate session before the test to cover it to reduce the 'Brain Drain' on the day of the flight test. Maybe your CFI might do the same.

So I would be asking;
How far out can you be expected to be cleared for a visual approach and what is the maximum distance out can you start manoeurving for it?

You're tracking outbound on an NDB approach and you find yourself >5 ° off track. Can you continue descending? If so, what do you have to be first?

Who's responsible for traffic seperation between VFR and IFR at a CTAF?

Radio failure, PAL and SAR cancellation can probably be answered with other questions on the test form.

Hope this helps.

Stay Weird!

Mister W.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds