Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

NDB Rated Coverage in Jepps

• pahlot
  • Topic Author

pahlot created the topic: NDB Rated Coverage in Jepps

Hi All

I'm self studying IREX using the BT book and loving it so far.

The one thing I'm stuck on is where to find the rated coverage for an NDB in the Jepps. In this case, Coffs Harbour.

I couldn't find anything in the terminal or airport directory section of Coffs. I'm sure I'm missing something blatantly obvious but I cannot for the life of me see where the information is located.

Cheers

Al

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: NDB Rated Coverage in Jepps

You're not the only one who finds that finding information in the Jepps is not as straight forward as it is in the CASA documents. Whereas the CASA documents have all of that information in one place in ERSA, the Jepps have it scattered all over the place. For example, if you want a CTAF frequency you will find it in Jepps Airport Directory only if the aerodrome has no nav aid. If it does have a nav aid, you will find it on the approach plates for that airport.

Anyway, for NDB coverages, look up Radio Aids under Navaid Limitations - Australia on page Radio Aids AU-37

By the time you are my age, NDBs will be a distant memory!!

Bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds