Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Using Jepps for the IREX (PCA)

• ryanace10
  • Topic Author

ryanace10 created the topic: Using Jepps for the IREX (PCA)

Hi,

On page 3.24 question 4 the question makes reference to an ARFOR in figuring out if an alternate is required.

Since CASA do not allow a mix of Jepp and airservices charts, what method would be easiest in finding out where all this weather is occurring? The Jepps "PCA" (on Meteorology AU-11) is very limited and only provides a few points per forecast area.

Thanks
Ryan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 258

bobtait replied the topic: Using Jepps for the IREX (PCA)

Gidday Ryan

Firstly, let me assure you that a question like the one on page 3.24 certainly will not be asked in the CASA exam. Since the CASA exam is multi-choice, there are limits on the complexity of a question that can be asked. That exercise was included just 'for fun'. It is true that the Jepps do have some limitations when it comes to the CASA exams, especially in the area of PCA and PRDs.

Bob

• ryanace10
  • Topic Author

ryanace10 replied the topic: Using Jepps for the IREX (PCA)

I did not even think about PRDs in the jepps. Are they listed in any of the sections?

Thanks for your help. I am sure I will have numerous other questions in the coming days.

• Thank you received: 258

bobtait replied the topic: Using Jepps for the IREX (PCA)

The Jepp PRDs for each en route chart are listed on the back of the chart. That's good in practice because the PRD you want to know about is obviously on the chart you are using. However, when an exam question asks for the hours of operation of a particular PRD e.g. R654A, you have to decide which chart to consult to look for it. In that regard the ERSA listing is a lot easier to use.

Bob

• ryanace10
  • Topic Author

So for the hours that they are active it will either be:
1. given on the chart or the legend on the front of the chart
2. NOTAM (is it correct that this means they are activated by notam and deactive at all other times?)
3. not specified by which it means they are always active

• ryanace10
  • Topic Author

Another question, are the Designated Remote Areas shown in the Jepps at all?

Disregard, found this.

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds