Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Few Questions

• jamup1977
  • Topic Author

jamup1977 created the topic: Few Questions

I am using Bob a self study book and even though I want to get it done quickly I am lagging behind with work and the other stuff. I am doing bit of SIM work as well to brush my IR.

Questions

1/ With regard to CAO/CAR how important are they to pass the IREX and what are the main sections that I should refer/Tab for the Exam ?

2/ If i want to plan a flight from A - B how can I find the routes ? Where can I refer?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Few Questions

1. I have prepared an extract of the relevant CAO/CARs required for IREX which Lee will send you in an email. Remember, if you want to take the extract into the exam, it must be bound - no loose sheets of paper.

2. An IFR flight does not always have to fly the routes published in the ERC/TACs. You can plan any flight you wish and determine your own LSALT for the route. You must however have regard for the flight planning requirements in ERSA if you are departing a major capital city airport.

• ofn

ofn replied the topic: Few Questions

Hi Bob,

I am currently going through the fun of IREX and was also wondering if I could get a list of the main sections? I have an out of date copy of both (about 6 months out) and want to reprint the important bits rather than buy new copies if that's possible. Would really appreciate it. Thanks

• rilangi

rilangi replied the topic: hi bob

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: hi bob

Hi Rilangi,

With the major regulation changes from September 1st the state of the regulations is in flux. We are in the process of reviewing the IREX extracts in preparation for the next course. Standby...

Cheers,

Rich

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds