Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Met

• Andy Venter
  • Topic Author

Andy Venter created the topic: Met

G'day Rich / Bob / other winged ones,

I am unsure of the correct answer to the following question:

For a single-stage unscheduled flight along routes, where valid area forecasts are not readily available, the published prior notice required for a pre-flight forecast is -

As I read Gen 3.5.10.21, I believe the correct answer to be 8 hrs. However I have been advised by an instructor that it is 3 hr.'s as it is a "pre-flight" forecast required. The only place I see 3 hours mentioned is under "availability" and it relates to international flight as per the table in Gen 3.5.10.1

What am I missing........?

Much tx!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Met

The notice required is 8 hours and the flight forecast will be available 3 hours before your expected airborne time. The question said 'the prior notice required' not the availability of the forecast. The answer to that question is 8 hours.

• Andy Venter
  • Topic Author

Andy Venter replied the topic: Met

Thnx Bob.

• duncang

duncang replied the topic: Met

Hi Bob,

I wonder if AIP has changed recently in this area. It relates to the General Questions 53 (mentioned above) and 54..

The AIP doesn't seem to mention anything about how many stages are involved, and as Andy says above, the 3 hr availability seems to be only applicable to international ops. They don't say anything about the availability of a requested forecast for domestic ops...

The AIP actually says that 3 days notice is required for a non-routine ARFOR!

So I think that the correct answer for question 53 should be (c) - 8 hours, and question 54 is either 8 hours or 3 days ???

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Met

Yes. the AIP has been amended since that question was written. The latest version of the IREX book reflects that. Those questions have been removed from the book.

Regards

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds