Header1200x385

× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Question 12 page 4.13 (Kalkgurung)

• Andy Venter
  • Topic Author

Andy Venter created the topic: Question 12 page 4.13 (Kalkgurung)

Dear Bob, Rich, Felloe aviators,

The question on page 4.13 re a flight from Kalkgurung to Tenant Creek Via Hooker Creek applies:

I notice that the LSALT applies, and am presuming that at the time of my books publication the Kalkurung IAL were not in force? (my book is July 2012, bought in 2013), but even so, on the ERC LOW 6, I cant find an answer that relates to the answer of 2600 ft Cloud Base. The Grid LSALT is 2900 feet, and there is no stipulated LSALT on the W605 between Hooker Creek and Kalgurung?

Am I just missing something obvious here, or maybe the ERC have also had an amendment since print.

Much Thanks,

Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Andy Venter
  • Topic Author

Andy Venter replied the topic: Question 12 page 4.13 (Kalkgurung)

My apologies chaps,

After having a coffee break, that I should probably have had a hour earlier, I reviewed the question - and with a less weary pair of eyes noticed my mistake.

The W605 is active between Hooker Creek and Victoria River Downs and HAS got a LSALT of 2600. The fact that the LSALT is stated only after passing Kalkgurung has no bearing, it is still relevant for that whole leg, thus the correct answer IS indeed 2600 feet as the answer states.....ah the miracle of coffee and a 10 min break!

Tx

• Thank you received: 263

bobtait replied the topic: Question 12 page 4.13 (Kalkgurung)

The RNAV GNSS approach at Kalkurung did not exist when that question was written and I have since amended the wording to say that you are flying OZY. That means that you cannot use the RNAV GNSS approach because, if your GPS is TSO 129 you need another ground-based aid.

The LSALT was chosen on the assumption that Kalkurung is on W605 so the LSALT of 2600 feet could be used.

Thanks for your feed-back.

Bob

• DAH

DAH replied the topic: Question 12 page 4.13 (Kalkgurung)

Hi Bob,

This question may need to be updated as OZY has 2 x TSO146a GNSS units now. So You can use the RNAV 03 minima (563-3.2)?

• Thank you received: 263

bobtait replied the topic: Question 12 page 4.13 (Kalkgurung)

I have updated that. Yet another change. Thanks for your feed-back.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds