Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Set 4, question 5

• Megzy505
  • Topic Author

Megzy505 created the topic: Set 4, question 5

Hi Thanks BOB for the previous help, much appreciated.

I do have one big one, Terry pilot thats helping me with this also had a stuggle for this one, and his a 30yrs RFDS pilot haha
So please help.

Because the questions say no GPS, but OZY has one that we use the GPS in lieu of the DME which is why its answer b?
if so answer b doesnt fit with any of the Canberra RWY 35ILS numbers anywhere I cant see 2470ft anyways only 2480 so there is 10ft minus somewhere. Could be a old question answer, but help me clear this one please :)

Thank you
Megan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Set 4, question 5

Gidday Megan
2480 is the DA for the ILS. If the glide slope fails, you can't continue with the ILS but you could switch to the LLZ/DME minimum of 2700 feet. You can do the LLZ/DME approach eventhough the DME is unserviceable because you have a GPS and this chart says that RNAV GNSS may be used in lieu of DME.

I do see however, that the LLZ/DME minimum has changed since that question was written. It should be 2700 minus the 100 feet for the actual QNH being available = 2600 feet. I'll change that right away. Thanks for you feedback - it's most appreciated. Good luck with the exam.

Bob

• sam

sam replied the topic: Set 4, question 5

Hi Bob,

As per the question in 5 of set 4 the DA becomes the MDA for a Loc/DME (GNSS in lieu of DME) for YSCB on RWY 35 which is 2700ft since the box is shaded gray and AWIS is available don't we take away 100ft so the answer is 2600ft.

Could tell me if I am correct.

Regards,

SAM

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Set 4, question 5

OOPS!!

You're right. My boo boo. It should be 2600 feet. That is what the new answer says in the book.

Bob

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds