Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Cyber Exam Questions

• Chris 000
  • Topic Author

Chris 000 created the topic: Cyber Exam Questions

Bob,

Just got a couple of questions regarding the prac exams.

1) When authorised to conduct a visual approach by day, a pilot operating under the IFR shall,
unless ATC has instructed otherwise -

correct answer - Follow the route clearance until within 5 nm of the aerodrome with the aerodrome is
sight, then join the circuit as directed by ATC for an approach to the runway in use
my answer - Follow the route clearance until within the prescribed circling area with the aerodrome
is sight, then join the circuit as directed by ATC for an approach to the runway in use.

Not sure why i was wrong? My answer was based on AIP ENR 1.5 para 1.15a (4)

2)Select the item whose unserviceability would make an aerodrome unsuitable for night
charter operations -

correct answer - wind indicator lights; my answer - approach lighting.

Again some clarity of where to find an answer reference?

3)For an IFR flight landing at an airport in a general aviation control zone SAR watch is
cancelled -

correct answer - automatically when the aircraft lands
my answer - by telephone after landing

Maybe its in the wording 'Control Zone'. I was thinking along the lines of G Airspace which prefered method is by telephone according to the AIP.

Any help on the above is appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Cyber Exam Questions

1) Your reference, AIP ENR 1.5 para 1.15a(4), is referring to not commencing or discontinuing an instrument approach on arrival. The question is referring to ATC issuing a clearance for an instrument approach. You will find the reference to within 5 nautical miles under 'tracking requirements' in AIP ENR 1.1 para 12.8.4.

2) See AIP ENR 1.1 para 59.1(b)(1).

3) SARWATCH can be based on SARTIME, for VFR flights, or full radio reporting for IFR flights. There is no such thing as SARTIME for arrival for IFR. When you are IFR, your SARWATCH is based on your radio reports as the flight progresses. When you are instructed to call another ATS unit, your SARWATCH becomes that station's responsibility. Since a control tower gives you a landing clearance and watches you land, your SARWATCH is cancelled automatically when you land. A VFR flight operating on a SARTIME is a different story however. In that case the tower is not responsible for your SARWATCH and you must cancel your SARTIME - usually by telephone to CENSAR.

• Chris 000
  • Topic Author

Chris 000 replied the topic: Cyber Exam Questions

Thanks Bob, makes much more sense. Appreciate the help!

Chris :)

• Thank you received: 2

Gflightyt replied the topic: Cyber Exam Questions

2)Select the item whose unserviceability would make an aerodrome unsuitable for night
charter operations -

correct answer - wind indicator lights; my answer - approach lighting.

Again some clarity of where to find an answer reference?

THIS QUESITON IS STILL IN CIRCULATION! I had it today.. I chose wind indicator..

it is now AIP ENR 1.1 10.8.1.1

The options were
- wind direction indicator
- PAL
- VASIS
- taxiway lighting
- approach lighting

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds