Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

NDB Intercepts

• Locky27
  • Topic Author

Locky27 created the topic: NDB Intercepts

Hi Bob,

Just bought your IREX book and I'm finding it extremely helpful:)

However, I've been reading the section on NDB intercepts and I have hit a hump. Im stuck on page 1.49 trying to understand exercise 9 question 1. I understand that you first find your TMG by using the HAT formula to find out what side of FPT you are on. Then you use the chosen intercept angle (independent of TMG or heading) on the original FPT. However, i don't understand how you get "ADF intercept -30F= 150ËšR". How are you able to get 150ËšR, where does it come from?

Any help would be much appreciated as my exam is next Monday:)

Kind regards,

Lachlan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: NDB Intercepts

After you take up the heading of 230°M, your ADF reading will constantly change as you approach the outbound track of 200°M. When you cross that track, your heading will still be 230°M and you will be situated on a track of 200°M from the station.

H +/- ADF = T So 230 +/- "something" = 200°M. So "something" = -30 FROM. The ADF reads 150°R.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds