Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

June 10 - is my study guide current enough?

• Brad
  • Topic Author

Brad created the topic: June 10 - is my study guide current enough?

Hi Bob,

I am sitting my IREX exam this Friday the 4th May.

I purchased your Instrument Study Guide from a Perth pilot shop about 4 - 6 weeks ago. I didnt think to check the currency of the book - I assumed they would only sell the most recent version. (I have June 10)

Obviously this is not the most recent version of your text. As I progressed through your book, I found that some of the references (particularly to the AIP) did not match - however I could generally find the answers I needed if I looked hard enough. I actually found the bad references a good way to familarise myself with searching the AIP. And as I live 5 hours from Perth, I did not think it necessary going back to the shop to get the latest version.

However I had a thought tonight - perhaps there are changes to the laws/syllabus which I dont know about? IE the book I have may miss some critical items - and not just be out date regarding references?

Will I be ok to sit the exam having studied an old version? Do I need to defer my exam?

Many thanks,

Brad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: June 10 - is my study guide current enough?

Hi Brad,

Although there have been a lot of changes, we have tried to track as many of them as possible in the form of errata for the various books. That would be a good place to start. The main changes in the latest IREX text were indeed with the AIP references plus a few changes to various approaches used in the example problems.

You'll find the most recent errata for IREX here:

www.bobtait.com.au/books/errata/104-irex

Good luck with your exam!

Cheers,

Rich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds