Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

PINJA ONE ARRIVAL into Perth....

• vortexring
  • Topic Author

vortexring created the topic: PINJA ONE ARRIVAL into Perth....

Hi there guys and gals,
I have downloaded the 'sample' questions from the CASA website and one (and maybe some others) refers to the arrival procedure into Perth but I can't find it in the DAPS.

PINJA ONE ARRIVAL into Perth, Rwy 06
You will be required to join the 9DME arc at GOSSI for a RWY 06 VOR/DME approach. WHich VOR OBS setting, TO/FROM and CDI indications will correctly advise you of a 5 degrees lead for arrival at GOSSI?
900526 2.13

As I can't find the arrival in DAPS can one say that the sample questions that CASA have for viewing are not updated?

I'm working through your practise exams, Bob but thought it worth doing the CASA ones too as they are/were previously as they appear in the exam.

Interested to hear your thoughts.

Thank you in advance

Hyla

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• captainellzy

captainellzy replied the topic: Re: PINJA ONE ARRIVAL into Perth....

Hmm it doesn't seem to exist anymore according to:

www.airservicesaustralia.com/aip/current...oProcChartsTOC.htm#P

The VOR RWY 06 doesn't mention GOSSI as the IAF near Jandakot is further west of where the suburb of Gosnells actually is.. Sorry!

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: PINJA ONE ARRIVAL into Perth....

The RWY 06 VOR into Perth was amended quite a while ago and Gossi is no longer mentioned. From memory I think it was the initial approach fix. I think you will find quite a few such problems with the CASA sample questions - although I agree that the more practice you get the better. Just don't get too stressed when you come across questions that are [usually obviously] out of date.

By the way even the expression 06 VOR/DME approach is now no longer used. It's simply called a 06 VOR approach and the top right hand frame on the approach plate says 'Required Aid DME'.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds